Research shows that changes to sales territories, team size, and resource skills can significantly impact revenue and profitability. The problem however, is being able to accurately predict the impact of these changes before actually implementing them.
Given the significant cost, complexity, and uncertainty of performing changes on sales territories, and sales force size, distribution, and activities, most businesses are unable to determine what their optimal structure should be. They find that it’s too difficult to run experiments in the field to determine the outcome, especially given the significant "time lag" between action and observed result. As a result, changes in the sales force structure are limited to incremental trial and error, leading to subpar and disappointing results.
A solution to this business challenge is the application of simulation and optimisation models to accurately predict the result of any hypothetical change – in effect enabling the mantra of "know before you act". Based on a combination of internal and external data sets, our What-if Simulator & Optimiser can help you:
- Optimise sales territory mapping across the dimensions of size, roles and geography
- Optimise resource distribution to ensure the right staff are assigned to the right activities at the right time
- Segment customers by opportunity value rather than historical sales, allowing you to optimise for opportunity value rather than just sales coverage
- Optimise journey plans for each individual sales rep to maximise selling time and number of calls made per day
- Model market conditions to develop an optimal response for various scenarios
- Model sales & marketing investments to understand their effectiveness and impact